Thursday, January 8, 2015

'SO California'


Over the past few weeks, I've run into a few things that have struck me as just 'SO California'

A few examples….

No Pepsi for you
Our kids are at a fab charter school that emphasizes the arts.   As such, before the holidays they had a 'Makers & Thinkers' fair - where each class produced something to share / sell / perform

Zoe's class held a dinner theater & sold handmade cards...

Xavier's class did a dance..

Quincy's class displayed & sold their 'zen-doodles'...
(should I be concerned that this is what they do in math?!)

Parents sold their creations...

Of course, there was food for sale.   I got SUPER excited when I saw soda listed on the menu….
...turns out 'soda' was not the caffeinated, chemically deliciousness I craved, but a fruit beverage

Honestly it's pretty hard to sustain a diet soda habit in this city.


Watch out for the trees
Especially after living in Ukraine, America strikes me as comically cautious / warning happy.  California takes that a step further.

The sign that cracked Quincy & I up while skiing….

Seriously, are they warning us we might find nature out in nature?! 


Church of random
OK - this one is more 'SO San Francisco', but one of my faves!   Zoe's class recently had an afternoon get together…..where?

Looks like a church, right?

Used to be….but, now it's "Church of 8 Wheels"


Full on disco lights, music AND even pro-skaters to add sass…

And irridescent wings….
So one can burst through them….
Now that's a religion we can all agree on!



Happy almost-the-weekend - time to go get those sparkling fruit juices ready!


Here's to loving the hilarious & tolerating the healthy.







No comments:

Post a Comment